About us

History

  • 1947
    Ichikawa Bussan Co., Ltd. was established with a contribution of 1 million yen.
    Ichikawa Junichi became the Representative Director.
    Osaka branch was opened. Ichikawa Building Osaka was constructed.
  • 1951
    Changed the company name to Ichikawa Bussan Co., Ltd.
    Ichikawa Junichi became the representative and Representative Director.
  • 1954
    The capital fund was increased to 5 million yen
  • 1959
    Along with the death of the founder, Junichi Ichikawa, Tadao Araki, the founder’s real brother, became President and Representative Director. Hiroko Ichikawa, the founder’s wife, assumed the position of Vice President and Representative Director.
  • 1961
    Tokyo branch was opened.
  • 1962
    The capital fund was increased to 15 million yen
  • 1967
    Junichi Ichikawa, the founder’s son, assumed the position of President and Representative Director. (He inherited the name of the founder)
    Internal executives were appointed to separate stakeholder and management. An employee stock ownership plan was introduced.
    Ichikawa Honke Co., Ltd. and Ichikawa Bussan Co., Ltd. were separated into two entities. Ichikawa Honke Co., Ltd. was to run the real estate business and the guarantee business of Ichikawa Bussan Co., Ltd. as a new company with a capital fund of 15 million yen (authorized capital of 30 million yen).
    Ichikawa Bussan Co., Ltd. corrected undercapitalization.
    The capital fund was increased to 175 million yen (authorized capital of 700 million yen). It was re-established as a new company while it inherited the business operations as before.
  • 1968
    The first dealership system in Japan was established for Toyo Career Engineering Co., Ltd.
  • 1969
    The capital fund was increased to 200 million yen by Yaskawa Electric Manufacturing Co., Ltd. The management structure was strengthened.
    Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd joined the management of Ichikawa Machinery Co., Ltd.
  • 1970
    The management rights of Ichikawa Machinery Industry Co., Ltd. was transferred to Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.(currently IHI Rotating Machinery Engineering Co., Ltd.) in full. The company name became Ishikawajima Seiki Co., Ltd.
  • 1971
    Okayama branch was opened
  • 1974
    The head office building was constructed to utilize assets.
    Tokyu Inn Hotel was welcomed as a tenant.
  • 1982
    Asahi Electric Trading Corporation Co., Ltd. was to be co-operated with Daiichi Sangyo Co., Ltd. (currently Edion Co., Ltd.).
  • 1983
    The exclusive sales rights of the Swiss gear pump manufacturer, MAAG Pump Systems AG., was acquired.
  • 1986
    Career Nishichugoku Co., Ltd. was formed with Toyo Career Engineering Co., Ltd.
  • 1987
    MAAG Ichikawa Co., Ltd. was formed with MAAG Pump Systems AG.
  • 1992
    Robot Engineering Center was established.
  • 2002
    Nagoya branch was opened
  • 2005
    Fukuyama and Oita sales office was opened
  • 2011
    The capital fund was decreased to 100 million yen from 200 million yen
  • 2013
    Ichikawa Junichi assumed the position of Chairman, and Jiro Ichikawa assumed the position of President.
  • 2016
    Kanto Factory was opened
  • 2018
    Company name changed to ICHIKAWA Co., Ltd.
    Tokyo branch has been promoted to Tokyo head office.
  • 2020
    Hiroshima Factory was opened
  • 2022
    Nagoya Liaison Office was upgraded to Nagoya Sales Office.